City of London, London
£400 - £430 per day
SS - 14172_1596712229
3 months ago
Interim Senior Finance Manager
Interim Senior Finance Manager required for 6 month contract with a global Pharmaceutical company in Central London.
This role is involved in all areas of operational finance and requires multi-tasking and prioritising across a broad range of responsibilities and managing multiple stakeholders.
* Support on tax matters including PAYE, SAO controls and VAT matters, to potentially include preparation of quarterly / annual returns and quarterly accounting for the same.
* Support the 2 day month end process, including journal preparation and review, ensuring accurate cut-off of sales and expenses, preparing reconciliations and editing the commentary on the P&L and BS reporting before it is presented to EMEA HQ on working day 2.
* Ensure accounting standards and policies are correctly applied
* Partner with Customer Services on pricing and accounts receivable activities
* Ensure compliance with worldwide policies and procedures, especially Procure To Pay.
* Partner with legal and business conduct to support business conduct policies and activities
* Drive process improvement, efficiency and automation within finance and the wider business
* Support in the preparation of all Statutory Reporting
* Support the UK entities through Internal and External Audits.
* Play a role in Internal Control Monitoring across various areas.
* Participate in local and global cross-finance / cross-functional projects as required.
* ACA or equivalent, with minimum 5 years PQE
* Minimum 2 years industry experience preferred
* Strong academics - min 2:1 degree level and As at level
* Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus, but not required
* Strong knowledge of UK taxation and associated compliance activities.
* Good technical accounting knowledge of Local GAAP, some knowledge of US GAAP as well as all key aspects of controllership in a listed company.
* Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects.
* Good communication, networking and influencing skills -manage a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, confidently and proactively keeping them up to date.
* Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
* Must be able to work independently and exhibit solid project management skills.
* Systems - Good understanding of Oracle ERP or similar ERP system.
* Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) is required.
Please note the client will only consider contractors willing to work via an umbrella company.
To be considered for the Interim Senior Finance Manager in Central London, please apply before the close of business Friday 7/8.