South London, London
Up to £550 per day
SS - 12956_1560252193
13 days ago
Interim Senior Contracts Manager required to work with a public sector body in South London to be the Council's subject matter expert for Contract Management and be responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring a council-wide contract management framework in line with best practice.
To manage and co-ordinate the work of the corporate contract management unit to deliver assurance for the council that contracts are being managed to deliver value for money; realisation of intended contract benefits; contract performance compliance and continuous improvement
Along with category managers, commissioners and contract managers, to help shape the council's strategic plans for contract management.
The post holder will:
1. Deputise for the Head of Procurement where necessary; provide leadership, expert advice and implement contract management best practice.
2. Play a key role in shaping and implementing contract management strategy for the council, setting expectations for Directors and Contract Managers and using influence and negotiation skills to promote change.
3. Ensure that contract leads across the council are trained and suitably equipped to carry out their contract performance and supplier relationship management responsibilities in line with best practices.
4. For strategic contracts with high value, impact or risk to provide support and challenge throughout the contract life cycle including mobilisation and exit; annual review; extension or variation; and addressing performance or improvement. Taking a lead on commercial negotiations to secure the best outcomes.
5. To maintain an up to date and expert knowledge of changes in contract legislation and best practice and understand their impact for the council.
6. Ensure the contract management framework reflects council policy and strategy and integrates with other disciplines such as Risk, Performance, Procurement and Business Continuity.
7. Influence the use of market intelligence through structured benchmarking, market research and peer networking by the contract managers to inform future contract strategy and strengthen the council's negotiating position.
8. Develop and agree with the Head of Procurement an annual work programme for the contract management team, manage and monitor the programme and team performance.
9. Produce reports and guidance documents on significant issues including contract management practice and policy matters; programme progress; emerging risks and mitigation; for presentation at senior level and at committees.
10. To directly line manage several staff providing excellent people management ensuring staff are trained and developed to deliver the work and that good working practices are in place.
11. Exercise vigilance and awareness to prevent fraudulent activities in line with the Council's financial regulations, establish mechanisms to ensure separation of project management from delivery of contracts.
12. Carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Computer Misuse Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, and other relevant legislation, as well as Council policies, procedures, Standing Orders and Financial regulations.
13. Undertake any other duties that may be required to meet the exigencies of the service. These may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service.
To discuss the Interim Senior Category Manager opportunity, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.