Birmingham, West Midlands
£750 - £850 per day
almost 2 years ago
An exciting opportunity to join a major civil construction project in the UK has arisen, to work as a Senior Commercial Manager, to lead the negotiation, development and embedding of contractual agreements with selected third-party suppliers that are absolutely crucial to this projects success.
This is an initial 3-month contract, paying £850 per day (inside IR35), based in Birmingham. This is an urgent need so candidates are required ASAP.
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will lead the negotiation, development and embedding of contractual arrangements with selected third parties e.g. for the protection, diversion and connection of third-party assets, to facilitate the construction and operation of the projects network.
- Responsible for a portfolio of complex Commercial Agreements, ensuring that these are aligned with the Commercial Strategy and the overall projects objectives, including the delivery of wider benefits
- Supporting the achievement of assurance and governance requirements of all commercial agreement deliverables as defined within the clients Construction Procurement Handbook. This includes leading development of agreement strategies/plans including the negotiation plan, developing agreement principles and providing instruction to legal for drafting
- Present to boards and committees, as required, in order to respond to secure 'buy-in' and respond to challenge and scrutiny
- Lead development and assess commercial models for charging by third party and/or pricing of the clients services effectively managing risk, complying with Managing Public Money guidelines and driving best value
What experience you will need:
- Strong background in setting up third party agreements with major organisations or bodies, including Highways England, Network Rail, local councils and more for major construction, civil engineering or transportation projects.
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate large 3rd party agreements
- Experience with NEC contracts, notably NEC4
- Ability to collaborate with third parties to ensure a successful completion of a project in a timely manner.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement
If this role is of interest, please apply now and any questions call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186