16 days ago
Role: Interim Senior Buyer - OPEX/CAPEX
Location: Netherlands - hybrid working, with regular site travel across Benelux region
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience and availability
Contract Length: Initially 6 months, highly likely to extend between 12-18 months.
Are you an experienced oil and gas or renewable energy procurement expert with experience procuring machinery, maintenance, parts and construction services within the energy infrastructure sector?
If so, this is an initial 6 month contract (likely to be extended to 12+ months) with a market leader in the energy sustainability sector. This Fortune 500 energy and industrial services organisation are renowned as the number one business in their sector. They are pioneers of sustainable energy and continue to play a major role in the journey to net zero.
You will support the Benelux procurement and contract management teams to manage all activity associated around the supplies for pipeline infrastructure, maintenance, and machinery across the Benelux region. You will be a key business partner to operational colleagues, ensuring they have the tools and support to maximise productivity and distribution through proactive supplier management and procurement.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enacting the category strategy across the region. Working in conjunction with the broader European procurement team and regional stakeholders, you will proactively challenge previous methods of procurement whilst always focussing on efficiency, risk, and cost.
Working in close conjunction with your stakeholders, you will be their first point of call for all procurement, supplier and contract activities. This role covers the end-to-end procurement process and it is critical that you have in-depth stakeholder management skills.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement for North East Europe, this role will cover a variety of production and distribution facilities across the Benelux region. Hybrid and homeworking are actively promoted; however, this role will also require regular travel (c. 2 days per week) to facilities across the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of procurement within the oil and gas or energy industries, with a solid understanding of pipeline procurement for equipment and maintenance programmes associated with energy ifnrastructure.
- You will have an engineers mindset and are capable of discussing technical machinery and maintenance contracts.
- You will demonstrate a mature approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders of varying seniority within operational business units.
- You will be confident and articulate, comfortable engaging with operational leaders across a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Fluency in Dutch is essential. Good French language skills are a differentiator, but not critical.
- Relevant Degree/Masters + CIPS or equivalent