Up to £500 per day
8 months ago
Interim Senior Buyer - IT required to join one of the most iconic global automotive manufacturers in the world. Based in London, you will form part of the Supplier & Commercial Assurance team which has a particular emphasis on supplier development and effective negotiation.
You will be responsible for the execution of strategic and complex IT sourcing projects and contracts through the full procurement lifecycle and handover to the P2P and SRM team members. The annual IT spend is circa £30m and you will be responsible for all subcategories within the IT category, including hardware, software, telecoms, network and services (outsourced & professional).
- Provide expertise and leadership in the Information Technology sourcing category, including market knowledge and sourcing best practice
- Assist with high value and/or complex contract renewals
- Apply knowledge of contractual terms and conditions ensuring commercially attractive terms are agreed and contract spend remains in budget while mitigating risk in such terms
- Implement appropriate contractual safeguards, SLAs and other operational measures to ensure suppliers are incentivised to deliver a robust service
- Present updates to senior stakeholders on progress against the strategy and ongoing sourcing projects
You must be able to demonstrate;
- Ability to lead negotiation strategies for large and complex projects / contracts in a technology sector, preferably IT, underpinned by detailed contract knowledge, including complex service scope and SLAs
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively
- Good understanding of license models of common IT software such as Microsoft and SAP.
- Experience in working in a high-performance, fast-paced organisation.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
Rate: £500 per day
Duration: initial 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact me on 01483 213 302.