Up to £200 per day
2 months ago
Interim SEN Planning Review Officer - £200 per day
A public sector organisation in Dorset are currently seeking an SEN Planning Review Officer on an interim basis, to undertake transfer of Statements to Education, Health and Care Plans in line with requirements.
This role is an initial 2-month contract, with an immediate start, paying up to £200 per day (inside IR35).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current legislation and best working practices
- Draft (and later finalise) Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Facilitate, or occasionally chair, meetings (usually Transfer Reviews) with young people, parents, schools and professionals to undertake the transfer process.
- Work proactively with parents and carers of children with SEND and liaise with schools, colleges and Early Years settings
- Advise on the provision of transport and the use of Passenger Assistants in line with LA policy and guidance.
- Assist in the production of management information
- Participate in and contribute to mediation and disagreement resolution where appropriate.
- Provide advice and information to parents, professionals and Panels.
- Liaise with SEN Planning Coordinators to arrange school admissions and school transfers of pupils with EHCPs within Dorset
- Recommend SEN provision
- Attend Panels and a variety of meetings, take notes and take relevant actions
- Check the quality of completed work of the SEN Administrative Team relating to individual cases.
- Attend appropriate local and regional conferences as required.
- Ensure data quality and as such the integrity of management information
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Strong, demonstrable experience of workign in an area of statutory regulations and applying local policy (preferably in SEN)
- Hold (or have the ability to develop) the necessary in-depth knowledge and understanding of SEN legislation
- Good working knowledge of ICT systems
- A good knowledge and understanding of the SEN regulations and casework
- Background knowledge of issues relating to Children's Services
- Considerable experience of working in an SEN related area or area related to working with families or vulnerable members of the community
- Dealing with difficult or distressed people on the telephone and/or in person
- Use of a dedicated database
If this sounds interesting, please apply as soon as possible, or email email@example.com