Interim Risk and Assurance Change Manager £1000 p/d
£800 - £1000 per day
about 2 months ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology firms has an urgent requirement for an interim Transformation Assurance Lead.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering £800-£1000 p/d inside IR35 with hybrid working between remote and Farringdon or Royston
The Group Assurance and Risk Team's role is to protect the people, assets, reputation and drive efficiency and sustainability of Johnson Matthey through the provision of risk management and independent assurance over the control environment. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Group Team in delivering its objectives through the delivery of the audit plan and supporting the businesses to identify, assess, mitigate and manage their risks.
The role will involve providing real time assurance for key programmes, and for performing testing and reporting on key controls across various transformation programmes. The role will require working closely with the Head of Assurance - Corporates, Head of IT Assurance, Group Transformation Office ('TO'), Programme and Project Delivery Leads / Managers and Internal Audit Co-source provider, when needed.
The nature of audits include, but are not limited to, the following: Stage gate and deep dive reviews across programme development lifecycle, focusing on TO governance; business change and stakeholder management testing approaches; training; benefits realisation and /or post implementation reviews.
- Provide independent assurance over transformation programmes portfolios, projects and their components with the view on the mitigations and risks to the business (IT and Non-IT);
- Good understanding of benefits / business cases and change management;
- Use their skills and experience to identify further opportunities to de-risk complex programmes / projects through further simplification and automation (IT enablement) whilst providing independent assurance; Business partnering, ability to guide and support the key strategic programmes / Transformation Office team in solutioning and influencing the culture of control awareness;
- Plan, execute and report on discrete assurance activities in a timely manner and in accordance with the audit, programme assurance and risk methodologies;
- Engage with and / or direct / supervise other staff members (guest auditors from the business / co-source staff) to ensure engagements are completed appropriately and on time;
- Support in shaping the high-risk assurance areas to pursue i.e. providing structure in the approach for scoping which deep dives should be done and how they will be delivered;
- Interpret policies and procedures relating to role and function, contribute to improvement of work processes to ensure they are kept in line with current best practice;
- Take the lead on implementing specific strategic workstreams to help make the assurance function more efficient, agile, effective in its operation and reporting;
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
This is an urgent requirement if it is of interest please contact Jamie.mackinlay@1st -executive.com.