£350 - £360 per day + (outside IR35)
5 months ago
£350-360 per day (outside IR35) Duration: 12 months up to 3 years
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading consultancy company within the Construction sector as a QS (Commercial Manager) for a site-based role as part of a small team managing the procurement process and commercial management for multiple Trade Contracts (50 plus) on an exciting Construction project.
My client is an independent construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. They focus on minimising risk and creating opportunities to maximise the value of their clients' developments and property assets.
They deliver Project Leadership, Cost Certainty, Construction Success and Specialist Consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. Their people are some of the most respected and highly trained in the industry. They ensure that they remain leaders in their field by investing in learning and development for everyone across the firm
The role will be reporting directly to the Project Director whilst working closely with large multidisciplinary team.
Whilst our client will be leading the procurement, this will be joint process with the PQS, Design Team and the Construction Manager.
- Professionally qualified (RICS, MCIOB or Degree) with significant relevant experience, ideally with high end residential work and Listed Buildings.
- Ability to work independently but in close conjunction with the Professional Team.
- An understanding of the Construction Management process and the JCT CMA & TC would be an advantage.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Record keeping and reporting of the procurement process
- Pre-qualification of potential Trade Contractors
- Preparation of detailed pricing schedules from drawings & specifications
- Issuing tender packages · Reviewing, analysing and comparing tender returns
- Chairing and recording tender interviews · Preparation of recommendation reports for Client sign off
- Compiling contract documentation · monthly valuations · monitoring progress and assessment of variations
- Reviewing drawings for change ad assessing cost · agreeing variation costs with Trade Contractors
- Managing the change notice process · Ensuring the request contract records are kept on site.
If this is of interest, please send your cv to Alex Steel alex.steel@1st-executive to schedule a chat and find out more. Interviews will take place ASAP.