£16 - £18 per hour
5 months ago
Interim Purchasing Specialist, Cambridge - £16-18hr - 12 Month Contract
We are working with one of the one of the leading companies within the energy sector who are recruiting an Interim Purchasing Specialist for a 12 month contract covering maternity leave.
- To drive increased communication with Material & Component suppliers, improving relationships and understanding of the company's supply chain requirements.
- To drive cost down projects on product bill of materials from concept to completion.
- When required, assist with Quarterly price review process, to ensure accurate interpretation of product BOMs and timely implementation of cost down projects.
- Support for Production Planning process.
- Act as Purchasing interface between Hardware team and Central procurement.
- Drive increased commercial dialogue & openness, between 3rd Party Product suppliers and the company.
- To manage Liability report from Subcontract partners, ensuring monthly reporting of data and minimizing CCH liability.
- To provide Key supply partners with monthly demand forecast for critical components.
- To manage shortage reporting with supply chain, to minimise downtime and potential disruption to Production Plan.
- To provide support for product development with provision of samples, datasheets and indicative pricing.
- To raise sample request Purchase orders, control trial BOM requirements and ensure clean kit status at factory.
- Negotiation of component pricing for Legacy products.
- 5 years manufacturing experience using Purchasing & planning tools
- 3 years' experience of Supply Chain Management
- Highly proficient using Excel and Word packages.
- Some experience of managing people preferred.
If you are interested in the Interim Purchasing Specialist, Cambridge position - call Sam on 01483 213 304.