£600 - £800 per day
SS - 14289_1602888879
8 months ago
Interim Public Health Consultant - Remote
Interim Public Health Consultant required for an initial 3 month (outside IR35) contract with a local authority. The position is expected to be based remotely for the duration of the assignment.
This is a highly complex role working to improve health and reduce inequalities across multiple councils, working closely with Clinical Commissioning Groups. The post holder will be responsible for the effective delivery of specialist public health advice to a wide range of stakeholders. They will be responsible for ensuring that optimum health outcomes for local populations are achieved. This will involve working with CCGs, NHS England, Public Health England and local health providers.
The post holder will need to demonstrate competencies to fulfil a generic Consultant Public Health/Medicine role and will be required to deputise for the Director of Public Health (DPH) as required, holding senior management responsibility within the Public Health Team. The post holder will establish strong working relationships with all three Councils, as well as with partners in the CCGs, key provider organisations and key external bodies including Public Health England and NHS England.
The role requires a high level of intellectual rigour, negotiation skills, motivational ability and the flexibility to deal with complex public health issues as they arise. A high level of tact, diplomacy and political awareness is also required; along with the ability to understand organisational cultures, to enable effective working across organisational boundaries and to influence without direct authority.
- Able to influence senior officers including directors and CEOs
- Able to both lead teams and contribute effectively in teams led by junior colleagues
- Delivery of successful change management programmes across organisational boundaries
- Media experience demonstrating delivery of effective health behaviour or health promotion messages
- Experience of using complex information to explain public health issues to a range of audiences
- In depth understanding of the health and care system and the relationships with both local and national government
- In depth knowledge of methods of developing clinical quality assurance, quality improvement, evaluations and evidence based public health practice
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of interfaces between health, social care and key partners (dealing with wider determinants of health
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
For further information, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.