£400 - £500 per day
2 months ago
One of the world's largest aerospace and defence organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Project Scheduler.
This is an initial 12-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d inside IR35 with hybrid working split between WFH and Newport offices.
Provide specialist planning support to (complex) projects and programmes as part of an integrated team working directly for the Programme Manager or Project Manager to whom they are assigned.
Primary purpose of this role is a project support role with the main focus on supporting the major programmes and projects delivering new strategic work and services.
- Creation, maintenance and timely delivery of the top level and lower level schedules
- Liaison with key stakeholders to understand planning logic and progress updates
- Interrogation and analysis of project/programme schedule data, providing assessments of whether the schedule has integrity and is aligned to wider project documentation, and supported by robust estimating techniques and project governance.
- Identification of issues and providing credible observations and recommendations for improvement
- Applying engineering and project management domain knowledge to identify opportunities for schedule improvements
- Developing reports and presentations on analysis to senior stakeholders
- Provision of project planning and scheduling support to improve schedule management capability
Development of schedule 'good practice', guidance and process documentation that can be used to educate the wider PMO
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in working within a PMO including scheduling, logic checking, Earned Value, Risk Management
- Knowledge of planning best practice i.e.
- Logic linking/dependencies
- Critical Path Analysis
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Planning to stage boundaries - contingency planning
- Strong background in data analysis, estimating and relevant modelling and/or risk management experience.
- Proactive, diligent and driven with a logical and analytical approach to work
- Good knowledge/understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and proficient use of MS Project and risk analysis tools
- Ability to work well in a team and individually
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills
- Determined and focussed approach to completing a task. (Completer/Finisher)
- Experience in supporting resource management, planning and forecasting
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interested please apply immediately and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.