£20 - £25 per hour
JM - 14105_1590735950
6 months ago
Interim Production Scheduler
Interim Production Scheduler required for a 6 month contract with a Pharmaceutical company based in Essex.
This role is an opportunity to deliver an achievable, balanced schedule that delivers all clinical demand and mange customer service relationships with key stakeholders in a clinical trials environment.
Job Purpose & responsibilities
- Collect Clinical demand from the Supply Chain planning process
- Produce achievable manufacturing schedules working with the operations management team
- Respond to changes in demand and constraints in supply
- Resolve planning conflicts within the network
- Maximise capacity utilization in Global Packaging Operations
- Make supply plans visible and assure connectivity with upstream and downstream nodes in the supply chain
- Accountable for the customer service relationship with Project Leadership
- Providing measures of utilization, cycle time and schedule adherence
- Contributing to the continual development of good logistics practice
- Lead improvement activities around schedule adherence and metric use to improve operations.
* Knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chains used in commercial and clinical trials supply
* Good understanding of key logistics metrics that can be used to effectively manage the operations.
* High degree of aptitude with project management tools (such MS Project)
* Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain Logistics techniques used by world class supply chain organisations to drive value to operations.
* An understanding of all phases of product lifecycle from new product development and introduction to discontinuation/divestment and outsourcing.
* Understanding of all key functional areas involved in project development through Chemical Development and Pharmaceutical development preferred.
* Degree level or equivalent education preferred
* Manufacturing site experience, principally in supply chain operations (Procurement & Logistics)
* Experienced in Lean Sigma methodologies and techniques
* Experience of business wide ERP systems
* Demonstrated ability to employ appropriate modelling techniques to generate business value
* Excellent project and process management skills gained within a complex matrix organization.
* Track record of creating effective networks with senior management.
* Strong communication and interface management skills, combined with the ability to influence others and achieve positive outcomes
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, influencing and facilitating skills both individually and in a group situation to bring about local and global agreement to significant change.