Interim Procurement Specialist £22 p/h
£20 - £22 per hour
about 1 month ago
A major Local Council has an urgent requirement for an Interim Procurement Specialist.
This is an interim 12 month contract offering up to £22 p/h inside IR35 and hybrid working between Bristol Offices and remote.
- To provide professional, legally compliant advice and support leading to robust procurement processes and commercial outcomes for designated categories which allows the achievement of value for money, high stakeholder satisfaction and supports the delivery of the Council's objectives
- To lead on the implementation of major sections of the commercial / procurement category plan
- To lead a programme of significant commercial / procurement projects and re-engineering processes to achieve targeted performance improvements for partner organisations.
- To provide expert advice and guidance to elected Members, Service Directors and employees, ensuring that trusted procurement and commercial advice and support contributes to decision making.
- To design, implement and manage major procurement processes, leading a programme of significant commercial/ procurement projects and re-engineering processes
- Lead on specific allocated medium / higher value / risk procurement and tendering and associated commercial and contract management arrangements to deliver procurement exercises effectively.
- To utilise market knowledge, data and procurement expertise to identify and deliver commercial opportunities and solutions, working with commissioners, service managers and others to ensure delivery and appropriate sourcing strategies
- To provide professional procurement advice and support in line with Public Sector procurement requirements and the Council's commercial assurance framework, promoting the development of a commercial approach with key stakeholders.
- Constructively engage with Services to ensure that commercial acumen is applied in how procurement and contracts are established.
- To advise on the adequacy of Health and Safety policies as submitted by providers during procurement competitions.
- To provide advice and support in managing strategic aspects of category related contract management, including engagement at supplier meetings, performance reviews, coordination of management information, and negotiation approaches.
- Undertake analysis of the council's spend data, in order to identify patterns of purchasing, opportunities for savings and instances of non-compliant behaviour.
- Undertake research and analysis to inform and report appropriately on a strategic view of the market(s) within designated category
- To proactively support and contribute to the ongoing development and currency of guidance and documentation associated with the Strategic Procurement and Supplier Relationship Service delivery model ensuring
- Manage, develop and support Category Support Officers to successfully achieve the objectives of the service and wider council.
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders both internal and external. to ensure high quality outcomes in support of the council's objectives while building best practice.