£450 - £550 per day
20 days ago
A major technology organisation is seeking an experienced procurement governance and process professional to be based in Guilford (considerable scope for remote working) on an interim contract offering between £450-£550 per day.
You have the opportunity to take ownership for developing and implementing robust governance schemes, embedding governance process throughout procurement, including new systems and operational workflows to enable effective change.
- Being a subject matter expert on specific aspects of procurement governance.
- Develop and maintain an associated easily accessible and agile suite of processes and policies that clearly communicate expectations and requirements to the procurement team and the wider business.
- Support all the governance activities of the procurement function and seek to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, simplification and consolidation of existing policies/processes.
- Develop a governance strategy and write procurement policies, processes and guidelines.
- Lead/support internal audit activities for the procurement Function.
- Support engagement with Legal to provision an appropriate level of self-sufficiency and use of templated legal positions with key agreed SLA's outside of defined scope.
- Provide training to all impacted stakeholders on specific aspects of Procurement process, systems and compliance.
- Working to design and implement governance, policy and systems within complex procurement functions.
- Experience Proactive, highly organised and methodical problem solver with attention to detail and solution focused.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management, highly credible with internal customers/colleagues, with an ability to engage and build relationships.
- Ability to deliver effective results under time constraints and to meet changing priorities flexibly and to a high standard.
- Experience of managing change within an organisation.
- IT literate MS Office.
- Degree or equivalent; Professional qualifications - CIPS, IACCM desirable.
There is significant time pressure associated with this role so if you are interested please apply immediately.