Walsall, West Midlands
£14.61 - £16.67 per hour
SS - 11234_1520425894
about 1 year ago
1st Executive are working with a local authority in the West Midlands to recruit an interim Procurement Officer to lead the delivery of compliant procurement processes.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
In the context of the Council's strategic objectives, to effectively provide effective and efficient specialist procurement advice, project management and lead the delivery of compliant complex procurement processes, in relation to designated service areas and/or categories
To enable and contribute to Council-wide compliance with relevant procurement legislation, the Council's Constitution, procurement policy and procedures
To provide sound advice and innovative procurement solutions within designated and/or categories, that reduce waste, maximise efficiency, achieve best value in procurement and enable delivery of savings efficiency across the whole Council.
To review, develop and implement fit for purpose procurement procedures and documentation and contribute to Procurement policy across the Council.
To establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide range of people, including elected members, officers of all levels across the Council, external organisations and suppliers.
To contribute to the key elements of the procurement service plans, aims, objectives and functions.
1. To contribute to the design, development and delivery of commercially focused procurement strategies, in relation to designated service areas and/or categories, working closely with key stakeholders, to ensure that corporate objectives and service needs are achieved
2. To lead the delivery of designated procurement strategies through the application of significant procurement and commercial knowledge and sound procurement practice, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and enables the delivery of the Council's strategic objectives in compliance with Legislation, the Council's Constitution and procurement policies and procedures
3. To regularly undertake analysis of council spend, markets and supplier trends in relation to designated service areas and/or categories, to ensure that procurement is intelligence led and targeted to reduce waste, maximise efficiency and enables the delivery of the Council's strategic objectives
4. To research, present and deliver innovative, flexible and responsive procurement sourcing options, that enable delivery of council and service plans, in partnership with key stakeholders
5. To deliver an objective and robust value for money challenge to Service Areas, which supports their service delivery requirements and maximises spend capacity by providing procurement advice and guidance, ensuring that associated risks are appropriately considered in sourcing decisions.
6. To lead the development, dispatch, evaluation and completion of designated complex, high value tenders and ensure that they are effectively and efficiently project managed, in accordance with Legislative and Constitutional and Procurement operational requirements
7. To lead development and ensure the timely completion of tender/quotation documents, including Instructions to Bidders Specifications, Evaluation Criteria and Methodology, Performance Standards/KPI's and Contract Terms and Conditions.
8. To advise on the evaluation of tenders/bids, ensuring alignment of published tender criteria and robust documentation of the evaluation process, outcomes and contract award recommendations,
9. To ensure that complete and accurate records of all designated procurement activity are produced and retained for each procurement process from design through to implementation
10. To promote, support, review and take positive action to address issues of procurement related non-compliance through the provision of advice, guidance and support on Procurement related Legislation, the Council's Constitution, procurement policy and procedures
11. To support the Council in market management and provide advice and guidance on contractual matters in relation to the commissioning, decommissioning and recommissioning of services.
12. To work with suppliers to enable them to trade more efficiently and effectively with the council through the development of resources and the provision of advice
13. To negotiate with suppliers on major projects or contracts or in circumstances where improved or continued service delivery is critical to ensure the delivery of the Council's objectives or where dispute resolution procedures may need to be invoked
14. To contribute to the development and maintenance of systems and procedures to maximise e-procurement
15. To contribute to the development and lead delivery of face to face training sessions, training materials, e-learning training, on the job guidance/ coaching on procurement practice, rules and regulations to the following audiences: Procurement Staff Wider Council workforce External stakeholders including suppliers