Up to £600 per day
14 days ago
Interim Procurement Manager - Estates, Facilities or FM
Southampton (hybrid working with 2-3 days per week on site)
To £600pd inside IR35 depending on experience
Our client enables and empowers people to thrive and encourages people to develop their talents to the full, so they can succeed in achieving their ambitions.
They are seeking to appoint an additional Procurement Manager to contribute to the Procurement Team, providing robust and effective procurement advice, guidance and support to customers, suppliers and managers as well as undertaking procurement procedures, letting contracts, preparing procurement strategies and implementing a wide range of supply, service, consultancy, research equipment and works procurement arrangements.
The category of Estates and Facilities covers, Residences, Construction works, Construction consultancy, Hard and Soft FM. Experience of construction procurement is an advantage in a public sector environment . There is a reliance on frameworks for certain areas of the procurement so experience of key consultancy frameworks would be an advantage.
In this role you will work with the senior category manager to:
- Provide expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement.
- Prepare tender documentation ensuring compliance with internal regulations and external requirements (including procurement and other relevant legislation, where relevant grant conditions). Identify and liaise with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Undertake procurement procedures assigned including high value, complex and high-risk projects where required.
- Negotiate, contract and implement chosen solution
- Using best practice contract management and supplier relationship principles ensure contracts are structured to enable successful management of the supplier relationship to extract increased value for money in terms of cost and performance.
- Provide demonstrable evidence for all cost savings and efficiencies.
- Work with relevant contract management team and stakeholders to drive contract compliance
- Skill level equivalent to achievement, Degree, NVQ5 or basic professional qualification.
- Proven experience of planning and progressing work activities within broad professional guidelines and/or broad organisational policy. Specifically experience of undertaking procurement procedures compliant with relevant organisational and legislative procurement requirements.
- Proven experience of providing high quality and effective expert advice and guidance on procurement regulations
- Able to apply an awareness of principles and trends in a specialist or professional field and an awareness of how this affects activities, including but not limited to understanding issues, opportunities, market drivers etc. in order to ensure procurement arrangements are scoped to meet the needs of our client and deliver best value for money.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (or equivalent membership of relevant professional body) or studying is desirable
- Experience of undertaking procurements compliant with and utilising the procedures as specified by EU Procurement Directives
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch & send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to have a chat.
Interviews will take place ASAP.