Interim Procurement Manager - CAPEX and Construction
€400 - €550 per day
4 months ago
Role: Interim Procurement Manager - CAPEX and Construction
Location: Italy OR France with regular travel to Northern Italy and Northern France
Day Rate: c. €500 per day independent contractor
Contract Length: Initial 12 months, likely to extend to 18 months minimum
Are you a European-based interim procurement professional with expertise in procuring CAPEX machinery and construction services?
If so, this Fortune 500 company requires your support to expand and develop their manufacturing facilities in Italy and France. This is an initial 12-month contract for a professional interim procurement expert with a strong knowledge of CAPEX procurement, ideally from within the manufacturing industry.
This global business has seen sustained and continuous growth for several years. They are widely recognised as the European market leaders within their segment, and they are investing heavily in creating additional production, R&D, and distribution capacity as well as introducing new product lines.
This is a critical role for the business to provide in-depth expertise and closely manage two key investment projects in Italy and France. Regular site and supplier travel will be required (especially in Northern Italy) with all travel expenses provided for.
You will lead all elements of the procurement and supplier management process for two significant plant expansion investments in Italy and France. You will work closely with the broader procurement and senior leadership teams to provide expertise in CAPEX procurement and contract management as well as support regional and global category teams.
Joining an experienced Global CAPEX Category Director, this role is heavily focused on on-site delivery and working in close conjunction with the senior stakeholders involved in the project. As a result, a significant amount of time will be expected on-site in Northern Italy and Northern France, and it is therefore vital that you are regionally mobile and comfortable spending significant time on-site and travelling.
- You will be an experienced interim procurement professional with a depth of expertise in CAPEX procurement, ideally from within the manufacturing industry.
- You will be a confident and comfortable negotiator, capable of working independently and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- You will demonstrate a mature approach to engaging and supporting suppliers and stakeholders of varying seniority and from different cultures.
- You will be data savvy, with an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Fluency in English and either Italian or French (ideally both) is essential. Candidates who lack the relevant language skills will not be considered.
- Relevant Degree + CIPS or equivalent. MBA or other further qualifications are desirable.
This is an urgent role which requires the right expert to join them as soon as possible. For more information and to arrange an immediate briefing please apply directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, location, availability and day rate expectations.