£550 - £700 per day
4 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Oil&Gas Supermajor, who are seeking an experienced procurement management consultant to join their existing function to lead across a number of key change/transformation projects. You will play a critical role in the delivery of the company procurement agenda and management and execution of major change programmes, including a pioneering financing solution, and delivering efficient operations of the function and promoting best-in-class initiatives.
Job Purpose & Objectives:
The Procurement Transformation Management Consultant will be tasked with leading a major change programme focused on the implementation of a broad-based strategic approach to the effective management of cash and working capital. Specifically, the role will initially have accountability for the deployment of a solution for Supply Chain Financing, including the process and systems changes required to support the implementation.
The Supply Chain Financing solution will start with a pilot in a subsidiary business, but is anticipated to serve as the template for a broader deployment across all of operations globally. The Programme Manager will have accountability for ensuring the effective implementation of this pilot programme, the planning of the deployment roadmap for the whole business and implementation of subsequent deployments of the solution (pending sign-off of pilot). The role is responsible for reporting progress in the delivery of this project and change activity, as well as the communications and change management associated with those projects to the Procurement audience and the broader stakeholder community in the business.
Additionally, the Programme Manager will be tasked with supporting broader strategy & excellence agenda; specifically they will support functional excellence leadership in developing, documenting and communicating the overall strategy and progress against key objectives for the Procurement organisation aligned to the input of the Procurement leadership. The role will require the Programme Manager to build communications and presentations for executive stakeholders including preparation for Quarterly Performance Reviews with the CFO, regular virtual and face-to-face sessions with the Procurement Leadership and other stakeholder groups as required. The Programme Manager must be able to effectively communicate the functional strategy, progress against key milestones, value delivery and other updates for the function.
- Manages the delivery of Supply Chain Finance project in Procurement
- Responsible for the effective delivery of this project consistent with the global strategic agenda across Procurement
- Contributes to the successful delivery of the Procurement strategic agenda
- Reports progress on assigned projects and change activities
- Responsible for managing the relationship with the key Procurement and business stakeholders impacted by the implementation of assigned projects
- Works with colleagues across the regional and business teams
- Responsible for the effective mobilisation and management of resources to deliver assigned strategic change projects
- Collaborates with the business to remove roadblocks and enables the practical delivery of the change programs, maximising value
- Ensures the appropriate management of change and mitigation of risk is applied to change activity
- Manages third party interfaces to deliver the procurement agenda e.g. consulting third parties and contractors where appropriate
- Responsible for effective communication of the Procurement strategy including development of presentations to executive stakeholders
- Contributes to Procurement communication vehicles (such as blogs, announcements, webcasts and status reporting) to build buy in and understanding for strategic change
- Coordination and production of ad-hoc communications associated with the delivery of the Procurement strategic agenda
- Prepare materials and provide inputs to business processes and forums that articulate procurement performance, delivery and risk mitigation.
- Significant commercial and business experience and a strong track record in procurement is absolutely necessary
- A strong consultancy track record, ideally with a big 4 firm or similar outfit offering high-level strategic advisory to global clients.
- Skilled application in communicating with and influencing stakeholders at all levels in an organisation, both in department and cross-functionally
- Skilled application with converting strategic direction and agenda into tangible project plans, and mobilising resources to deliver those plans
- Mastery in programme and project management
- Skilled application in managing large transformational change programmes - developing and implementing strategy to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a business area / unit
- Mastery in procurement process, operations and process change
- Skilled application in change management and communications
- Skilled application in Procurement performance management, data and analytics
- University degree in a technical or business discipline. Advanced or master's degree preferred