South West England, England
£700 - £1000 per day
SS - 12820_1560176851
2 months ago
Interim Procurement Lead - £1k/day
Interim Procurement Lead required to oversee the development, implementation and delivery of significant and complex high-risk programmes.
1st Executive are working with a public sector body in the South West who require high level procurement support.
- To provide confident leadership and clear management of significant and complex high-risk projects and programmes to ensure the effective operational delivery
- To contribute to strategic and operational development, drawing on the your specialist expertise.
- Manages and deliver the programme on time, to budget and to the desired quality through effective application of the most appropriate programme and project management methodology
- Develop and manage business cases and budgets effectively, accurately models benefits and manages actual/ forecast expenditure
- Manage internal and third-party relationships effectively to safeguard the delivery of anticipated deliverables and outcomes.
- Ensure that spend on internal and with third parties is forecast and managed effectively
- Expeirence of tendering for a joint venture
- Detailed knowledge and practical application of recognised project methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2/MSP/Agile)
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of ensuring the compliance of complex, high value public sector procurements, specifically ones let under the Concession Contracts Regulations 2016 and involving competitive dialogue.
- Skilled at finding practical solutions to real problems and challenging the accepted way of doing things, offering innovative solutions with proven results.
- Comprehensive and exemplary application of planning, sequencing and dependency management skills, tools and techniques in a wide range of projects/programmes - including the active use of plans as a key control and decision making document throughout the lifecycle.
- Experience of developing complex business cases effectively, modelling different scenarios to enable informed decision making and undertaking the necessary work to provide confident estimates of cost and realistic benefits mapped to desired outcomes and aligned to agreed objectives.
- Skilled at translating the senior sponsors vision to shape a delivery programme/project that both addresses business need and understands the environment into which delivery will occur, demonstrating a clear understanding of how this will give the best likelihood of successful delivery of desired outcomes.
- Experienced and skilled communicator with strong evidence of motivating and leading others through complex and challenging deliveries to ultimately ensure the best outcomes for both the organisation and the project/programme.
To discuss the Interim Procurement Lead opportunity, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.