£650 - £690 per day
SS - 14613_1615539260
about 1 month ago
Interim Procurement Lead - M&A
Interim Procurement Lead - M&A required to lead the procurement workstream for divestiture activities for a global Pharmaceutical organisation.
- Be accountable for all Procurement separation planning and execution activities for manufacturing site divestment to ensure all workstream milestones are completed safely, on time and with minimal commercial impact.
- Drive governance of working team including leading meetings, tracking and reporting progress, highlighting risks and escalations, and communicating status to various leadership teams.
- Also Oversee Procurement workstream activities related to P2P, Travel & Expense operations, Contingent Worker operations, Fleet operations, Mobile phones etc. to prepare to operate under a Transition Services agreement or to fully integrate activities, depending on each market's schedule and strategy.
- Work closely with and serve as the Procurement representative to the Separation Management Office.
- The ability to work across boundaries is also necessary as a large part of the role is identifying and managing dependencies with other workstreams. The ability to influence without authority and work with very senior stakeholders.
- Manage the team operational budget by working alongside the Finance team, Procurement workstream and regional leads, and the Procurement administrator to ensure expenses are properly recorded and the budget remains on track.
- Risk assessment and a strategic mindset is needed to look across the deal to identify and mitigate any risks to global procurement. Where appropriate, Procurement category managers must be involved, and existing supplier relationships leveraged, to address such risks.
- Respect for different cultures and the ability to flex approach to different regions is required as a significant part of the role will be managing people in various markets across the globe to deliver regional procurement activities.
- Qualified to Degree level
- Direct/Manufacturing Procurement (Raw material, packaging etc) or Supply Chain experience is a MUST
- Procurement expertise with Mergers, Acquisition & Divestitures leadership experience (or Integration/Separation leadership experience) is a PLUS
- Experience with contract management is a must
- Strong track record of senior stakeholder management and influencing; ability to influence without express authority; ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience managing suppliers (including performance management), developing new potential suppliers and partnering with supply base for mutual benefit
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in project management leadership
- Financial acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Further academic qualification, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS
- Deal experience (buy side or sell side)
- Line management experience, ideally with a global team
Please note, to be considered you must work via an umbrella company as this role is considered inside IR35.
For further information, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.