Interim Procurement Analyst £300 p/d
£200 - £300 per day
2 months ago
One of the UKs largest energy providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Procurement Analyst with NEC contract experience.
This is a 6-month contract offering up to £300 p/d inside IR35 with majority home working from Reading.
AIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Supporting the Contract Managers in all elements of pre-contract procurement, you will be responsible for administration of contracts to ensure successful delivery in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as the Procurement Manual, Commercial Manual and the LCP Governance Framework Manual.
Review, negotiate and award Call Off Contracts in accordance with terms and provisions of Agreements. Managing the interface with suppliers/contractors and internal stakeholders to ensure value for money and appropriate commercial controls are embedded in all contracts.
* Conduct sourcing events via Jaggaer procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value.
* Work with the Category Managers, Contract Managers and Project Managers to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
* Provide commercial support to Project Managers in the development and execution of sourcing events as required to support projects including the review of sourcing strategies, providing cost estimates, preparing bills of quantities, analysing submissions, supporting tender interviews and review of contract award recommendations.
* Work within own team to ensure processes are aligned and escalate issues.
* Responsible for ensuring complaince to all internal policies and procedures and audit requirements such as self-audits or compliance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects.
* Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
* Knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation.
* Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
* If working for a Regulated Business Unit - Detailed knowledge of UK Utilities Contracts Regulations.
* Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions.
* Detailed knowledge of Company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
Functional / Technical Skills:
* Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data
* Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
* Understanding of the supply chain
* Highly developed drafting and writing skills
* IT skills including Word, Excel and Power Point. Oracle Purchasing Systems and Jaggaer a bonus
Personal Attributes / Competencies:
* Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
* Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
* Ability to influence users outside own sphere of responsibility.
* Negotiation and influencing skills.
* Conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Contract Administration
* Sourcing Management / Support
* NEC Contract Experience
This is an urgent requirement if it is of interest please contact Jamie.mackinlay@1st -executive.com.