£500 - £600 per day
about 1 month ago
A major local council has an urgent requirement has an urgent requirement for an interim Principle Accountant for Education.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £600 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working- location Bristol.
- Qualified accountant and member of CCAB (or equivalent) recognised body with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of resolving technical accountancy issues within a complex organisation, and through a full financial cycle.
- Experience of working with stakeholders' organisation wide, with external partners whilst ensuring that the organisation's interests are safeguarded.
- Experience of planning, motivating and controlling the work of a diverse team of Finance staff dealing with complex accounting issues.
- To be able to demonstrate considerable technical and operational experience in a minimum of two of the following:
o Supporting the improvement of finance systems and processes.
o Complex budget management (revenue or capital) - through a full
- financial year or life cycle.
o Project accounting work.
o Undertaking robust due diligence and producing the resulting options
o Supporting completion of statutory accounts for a complex organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of tendering and other procurement activities - preferably in a local government environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in resolving a range of complex issues.
- Evidence of problem solving and providing confident financial advice, appropriately stressed tested to inform decision making, together with good analytical and modelling skills and experience.
- Ability to work autonomously, using initiative, creativity and resourcefulness, with an ability to see the wider implications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally in making presentations to groups and in a variety of written formats, maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the continuous improvement of services to the benefit of customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with colleagues and customers with limited financial and computer skills.
- Able to challenge, support influence and establish excellent working relationships.