£500 - £700 per day
about 1 month ago
Interim Network Architect £700pd
An excellent interim opportunity for a Network Architect to join a world-leader in FMCG, to provide business-critical technical support during their global project to switch networking to SD-WAN.
This contract runs until June 2023, primarily working from home with some travel to London, offering £700 per day (Umbrella, Inside IR35).
This role sits within a Global Network Operations Team, in support of a project with Global scope, for a FTSE 100 FMCG organisation. You will provide key technical support during their move from one vendor's Hardware and Routers to SD-WAN with another vendor. This role will require you to work closely with the new vendor to provide consulting in case of any hurdles or technical challenges faced.
Working closely with Project Managers and key stakeholders for sites, you will resolve any technical questions or issues, as well as advising the technical standpoint.
- Develop network requirements, planning, and analysis.
- Engage with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on implementing, optimising, and managing of networks.
- Network design, and work to analyse and understand existing networks.
- Determine best solutions for business needs, identify any current gaps and the path forward to drive consistency and efficiency.
- Identify any service improvement actions.
- Bridge gap between business needs and technological solutions.
- Strategic thinking and leadership.
- 8+ years' experience in Network Design and Delivery.
- Experience with Wide Area Network (WAN), ideally SD-WAN.
- Experience with Cisco previously.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of key stakeholders and vendors.
- Strong ability to handle service restoration for complex faults in LAN, WLAN / WAN environment.
- CCNP certification or CCIE in R&S.
- Ideally, degree in relevant discipline - Computer Science, Electronics, IT or similar.
- Advantageous would be any experience with Cloud.
- Ideally, experience with Firewalls and Wireless design.
This is an urgent requirement - if interested, please apply asap and any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org