£30 - £40 per hour
3 months ago
One of the World's largest and most recognisable FMCG organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Marketing Category Manager to join there marketing functions working with many well-known household brands.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £40 p/h inside IR35 and hybrid working with time spent remote and in the Surrey offices.
Category Development Manager
As a member of the UK Category Leadership Team this role offers an exciting opportunity to develop and execute category initiatives aligned to the category vision within key retail partners. You will be responsible for engaging with our top retail partners, influencing them to adhere to our principles to deliver category growth.
You will be responsible for building relationships with key retailers and influencing them to implement category initiatives. You will be required to work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to ensure alignment of recommendations to drive profitable growth for of the retailer and client.
- To support the development of Category Strategies and influence retailers to implement recommendations tailored to their specific needs
- To develop and deliver effective external category selling stories, tailored by customer as required, to support new category growth initiatives with key customers
- To develop and agree activation plans for key initiatives including merchandising and promotion recommendations
- To monitor, evaluate & communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or client brands
- To recommend actions to address category issues through influencing retailer partners
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Degree-level educated or equivalent preferred, but not essential
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a category role within FMCG
- Experience of successfully forging and maintaining business relationships with top 4 grocers
- Proven track record of interpreting data and delivering business results
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong customer focus, with ability to develop consumer-led joint strategies
- Strong commercial acumen - highly numerate, with strong analytical skills
- Solid communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills; Influencing skills; Results oriented; Self-motivated.
- Outstanding interpersonal / collaborative skills; Ability to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.