£150 - £175 per day
about 1 year ago
1st Executive are seeking an interim Logistics Co-ordinator for a globally-renowned brand and FTSE Energy concern. This requires someone with a proven track record across co-ordination and ensuring the transport of equipment and materials, ideally from initial packaging through to final destination.
To organise and ensure the monitoring of equipment shipments and material control, Inbound and Outbound, from packaging in the first instance to final destination, including, customs requirements, insurance and payment records.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Select transport provider in line with the company Sourcing Instructions, local agreements and pricing matrix, if in place.
- Ensure order coverage for all transport charges, know and understand the payment terms and breakdown of prices for transportation and action invoice approval in line with agreements and movements. Choose the most appropriate transport provider for each shipment, to optimise prices and deadlines and organize shipment in accordance with equipment release note (for ad-hoc movements) or project plans, taking into account best mode of transport for materials and required date.
- Packaging and export documentation (including Letters of Credit): Send packaging instructions and labels to the subcontractors and check the supplier has fulfilled the project requirements in terms of packing and marking. This involves liaising with other departments e.g. SQA .
- Issue all the export documents required for payment and customs to ensure the proper administrative progression of shipments, Monitoring shipments and Material movement, Monitoring shipments and material movement from start to finish including the local part to ensure their proper progression, take correctives measures if necessary, complete the shipment monitoring table and inform the PM and the site managers.
Skills & experience required:
- Experience in 2 areas of specialisation in logistics, transport and international trade co-ordination.
- Experience in generating export documentation such as Certificates of Origin, Commercial Invoices.
- Experience of work programmes such as SAP desirable
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.