£400 - £500 per day
4 months ago
A large public sector body has an urgent requirement for an Interim Legal Services Manager to lead the Legal Services team and provide support to the Head of Law & Governance on a temporary basis.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d based in Oxfordshire.
The Ideal candidate should specialise in Contracts, Procurement and Corporate Law and have a wide experience of the law and practice relating generally to criminal and civil litigation including local authority prosecution work.
- To act as or perform in an efficient and effective manner the duties of a Solicitor/Barrister to the Council.
- Liaising effectively with the Head of Law and Governance and the other Business Units.
- Overall management of the allocated Teams within the Business Unit.
- Deputising for the Head of Law and Governance and Monitoring Officer.
- Representing the Head of Law and Governance at the Executive Board, Committees, Sub-Committees, Working Parties, public meetings and Officer Working Groups.
- Advising and assisting the Head of Law and Governance on the legal budget process and business planning.
- To keep the Head of Law and Governance informed of matters, which are critical, politically sensitive, or generally high profile.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister or fellow of the institute of legal executives
- Significant post qualification experience as a practicing lawyer working in a legal environment within or on behalf of local authorities
- Proven supervisory & mentoring skills
- Ability to review, develop, improve and implement new ways of working
- Proven ability to deal with legal issues and experience of leading and managing other lawyers across a range of legal disciplines and specialisms
- Previous experience of budget process and business planning
- Significant experience of dealing with legal and governance issues within local government at a senior level
This is an extremely urgent requirement as so if it is of interest please apply immediately or contact Jamie.email@example.com to find our more.