£550 - £600 per annum
9 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager with a strong background in leading transformation initiatives across Infrastructure Services.
Our client are a global manufacturing organisation, currently undergoing significant change across many of their back office functions, with this position at the centre of the IT Infrastructure programme.
The Senior IT Project Manager will manage:
- Schedule Performance: Ensure projects and workstreams have a plan, are working to the plan and have in place the required funding and resources to meet milestone commitments.
- Dependencies: Identify the dependencies between projects within/without the transformation, establish that the dependencies are being managed within the respective projects
- Budget: Track expenses, build forecast and manage to plan
- Resources: Assure that projects have resource plans, have resource in place, and manage risk to progress
- Issue & Risk escalation: Assure projects have an issue & risk management process and manage escalations
- Project Status Reporting: Ensure projects and workstreams produce status reports
The key attributes to succeed:
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Management, factual decision-making, conflict-solving
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication, active listening and negotiation
- Understanding of budget and forecasting control
- Risks & issues management
- Vendor management
- Ability to work well with others, diplomacy
- Select, coach, motivate and lead a team
- A good understanding of project business
- Technical skills relevant to the project
The Essential Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years experience as a senior IT project manager.
- Experience working within large Global Enterprises. Developing relationships with geographically dispersed leaders, SMEs and suppliers.
- Experience running the transformation of IT Infrastructure Services from legacy technologies and supply models; to Cloud, SD-WAN, BYOD end-user services.
- Experience of organisational transformation from waterfall delivery to Agile & DevOps; from Service Delivery Managers to Product Owners
- Experience of transitioning globally distributed service management to a central IT service centre
- Proven track record working with Senior IT leadership to communicate progress, hold to task, manage escalations, remove blockages.