Interim IT Procurement Specialist £600
£500 - £600 per day
3 months ago
One of the worlds largest banking institutions has an urgent requirement for an Interim IT Procurement specialist.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering up to £600 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working majority from home with some travel into the London Office required.
- Manage Change Request for Supplier's including negotiation of change notices and amendments
- Review & approve Purchase Orders
- Supplier Management - there are potential 100 Supplier's that need to check if any change control be put in place within tight timelines and the candidate will be part of a small team to do this.
- Supplier progress and vendor management reporting updates to leadership
- Negotiate Supplier contract amendments to get the best value and protect the bank from any risks
- Ensure effectiveness and controls for procurement activities
- Manage stakeholders, escalations from team and wider business, to ensure clarity and issue resolution.
- Provide progress and update reports.
- Issue PO's to Supplier's, check invoices working alongside finance colleagues
- Manage and issues and escalations related to supplier issues
- Large scale programme's that move at pace and need procurement person to move at pace with them.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with businesses so that the procurement team becomes true business partners, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Develop a reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility in the business community, but also has clear strategic direction, evidence in documented approaches, and tracked/reported effectively.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Has minimum 5 years of Procurement coordinator and purchasing management
- Experience in negotiation of IT commercial and legal terms with Suppliers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.