£550 - £650 per day
about 1 month ago
A major insurance provider is urgently looking for an Interim IT Category Manager to join their procurement function.
This is a 6-month initial contract with the opportunity for further extension offering up to £650 p/d inside IR35 and majority home working with occasional travel to London.
The client is undergoing a period procurement of transformation which includes developing in house, offshore and legal capabilities, together with supporting a business undergoing a period of rapid transformation.
As the Category Manager for IT Services, you will be responsible for supporting across the business for the procurement of IT Services. This currently has ~$135M of annual addressable spend. You will work with the Head of Professional Services to manage relationships with key stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor to partner on procurement related matters for the organisation.
Strong procurement knowledge of IT Services Procurement is essential, as well as having a detailed understanding of the latest market trends and insights for your category whilst keeping pace with the evolving Professional Services and Consulting 3rd party landscape.
- IT Services procurement experience with good knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Excellent communication, listening and negotiating skills
- Strong stakeholder collaborative relationship building skills
- Both a strategic and analytical mind-set
- Creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to procurement challenges
- Change management and self-awareness skills to adopt targeted approaches to a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Ability to articulate procurement's value, specifically as a Procurement business partner
- Good contract review and negotiation experience
- Familiarity with relevant legislative, regulatory requirements, and industry standards as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk and ensure compliance
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.