£350 - £450 per day
7 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global manufacturing organisation, who are seeking an experienced purchasing professional with a strong category track record across a number of indirect spends, ideally with a strong focus on Facilities Management.
- You will be responsible for managing a diverse range of suppliers, across industry and category.
- Drafting contracts, writing amendments to existing and negotiating changes.
- Conducting supplier tenders from start to finish.
- On-boarding of new suppliers off-boarding of existing ones due to non-performance, unsuccessful renewals bids and other similar reasons.
- Conducting supplier rationalisation analysis and kick-start initiatives in this area.
- Some travel - both UK and International (very occasionally).
- Proven track record across a variety of different categories - this role will pre-dominantly focus on FM (large spend on Security and other related FM etc).
- Not only a strong buying/purchasing track record, but also strategic category management & Leadership skills are key to this position.
- Demonstrable record of managing significant spend levels and concurrent multiple projects, along with achieving cost savings regularly.
- Experience managing challenging stakeholders in a complex business structure, both within the internal business and across key 3rd party suppliers.
- Commercial experience in heavy industry manufacturing, engineering, defence & aerospace or other similarly regulated private industry areas is recommended.
- Ideally you will have currently vali SC but not essential.