Manchester, Greater Manchester
£450 - £550 per day
9 months ago
- Interim Indirects Category Manager - £450-550p/d
Interim indirects category manager required! £450-550 per day, for a Financial Services organisation based in Manchester. An initial 6 month contract, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional with a proven track record across a variety of indirect categories to lead sourcing events and negotiations across a wide-ranging number of different spend areas, such as IT, professional services and HR, amongst others. In addition to a strong background in indirect procurement categories, you will need to have experience with global blue-chip organisations, an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, whilst managing stakeholders on a cross-functional, international scale.
- Responsible for full sourcing process including development of demand/scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, risk mitigation and contract execution, ensuring the appropriate business involvement at all stages of the process.
- Lead negotiation of complex commercials and contract terms of service agreements. Shape contractual terms and conditions, involving legal when required, employing best practice in contracting methods to manage risk and maximise value.
- Undertake due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution.
- Actively manage sourcing projects to conclusion using project tracking technology, updating in a timely manner to support reporting requirements.
- Challenge and influence business stakeholders where appropriate to deliver best value to the company.
- Support and enable a high performing team through sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- A proven track record in strategic end-to-end sourcing of complex, global procurement categories.
- Wide-ranging sourcing experience that demonstrates an ability to achieve strong savings in multiple indirect categories, ideally including IT and professional services.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills/experience across a complex, cross-functional environment.
- Project management skills/experience, managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent Negotiation skills and strong commercial acumen.
- Experience working for global blue-chip organisations would be advantageous.