£300 - £400 per day
about 2 months ago
An international medical device organisation has an urgent requirement for an Interim Indirect Procurement Specialist to join their sourcing function.
This is an initial 12-month contract offering up to £400 p/d for a candidate to mainly work from home with some time spent in the Hampshire offices.
This role will be responsible for managing Healthcare Services and Product 3rd Party (mainly Hardware, Software, Accessories & consumables, Medical equipment and devices) spend across the UK & Ireland.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist who can develop the procurement strategy/offering for the Managed Equipment and Maintenance Services solutions we provide to our Healthcare customers.
The role will require you to take the lead in convincing senior stakeholders that the suggested procurement route is the best for each bid.
- Strategic sourcing of goods and services within their allocated category areas.
- Develop a category sourcing strategy for each allocated category area
- Manage relationships with current and potential suppliers for each allocated category area
- Develop full understanding of current cost base within allocated categories, including reviewing whole life cost/ total cost of ownership
- Challenge current cost base, through negotiation, benchmarking and tender activity as appropriate
- Achieve agreed savings targets
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business (in order to raise purchasing profile within the business)
- Negotiate supply terms and contracts in line with standard terms and conditions.
- Previous relevant experience of sourcing in Healthcare or medical environments. IT category experience is a plus.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence at all levels
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels, both internally and within the supply base
- Proven ability to undertake whole life cost/ total cost of ownership analysis, summarise results and make recommendations based on results
- Proven ability to deliver in a pressured environment against defined savings targets.
- Good working knowledge of MS office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CIPS qualification or equivalent degree level
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.