£30 - £33 per hour
6 months ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative pharmaceutical organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Indirect Buyer to join their procurement function.
This is an initial 3-month interim contract offering up to £33 p/h for a candidate to be based in Swindon.
The role is responsible for the procurement and management of indirect goods and services, primarily MRO and FM Services, supporting the business needs via request for quotations, management of purchase orders and supplier performance monitoring.
This role is key to Supply Chain of a Manufacturing site producing and developing new to world technology, supporting a complex fast changing research, development and rapidly growing manufacturing environment as the Fuel Cells business continues to evolve towards high volume manufacture and commercial success.
- Management of all purchase orders for indirect goods and services from quotation through to delivery and invoice payment.
- Ownership of supplier performance to ensure on time delivery, adherence to Service Level Agreements, favourable payment terms and Incoterms and competitive pricing.
- Select preferred sources for specific products, in line with onboarding and due diligence processes with consideration to cost, quality, capability and delivery.
- Negotiate terms of business, competitive pricing, service level agreements, NDA's, maintenance and purchase contracts as required in co-operation with the Legal team.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, vendors and contractors to support the needs of the business
- Vocational education with many years' experience, or a university qualification (with a business, technical, scientific focus) with several years' experience, preferably in Automotive, FMCG and/or Chemical procurement.
- Functional Procurement experience managing indirect categories within a Plant. Knowledge and experience of best practice category management, sourcing, contract management and supplier performance management practices.
- Ability to operate effectively in different cultures and across geographies, including managing stakeholders and colleagues remotely (across distance and time zones).
- Experienced successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more