City of London, London
£300 - £340 per day
SS - 14297_1603706532
about 1 month ago
Interim Imports Specialist
Interim Imports Specialist required for initial 9 Month contract with a leading FMCG client.
You will be joining a newly created team responsible for embedding new processes and ways of working for UK imports and Customs Brokers.
- Provide Broker instructions
- Manage any queries related to imports process
- Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
- Accountability for SOP.
- Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
- Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
- Update Impatex system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
- Master file data management
- Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
- Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
- Educated to degree level or experience in a custom, duty management, logistics role or data management
- Documentation management
- Effective communication and people skills
- Data management
- Problem Solving and issue resolution
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
- Experience of import and export processes
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of inco-terms
Please note only contractors working via an umbrella basis will be considered.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 27/10.
For further information, call Sam on 01483 213 304.