West London, London
£250 - £280 per day
SS - 13263_1566384818
10 months ago
Interim Imports Broker Control Specialist
Interim Imports Broker Control Specialist required for an initial 6 month contract to manage customs brokers, ensure compliance for all relevant UK import controls and raise CAPAs where applicable.
This position is supporting a FTSE 100 leader in the pharmaceutical industry currently undergoing significant change in their import/export operations.
* Complete mandatory audits relating to Broker Controls and internal processes
* Oversight of UK Customs CFSP authorisation
* Schedule & update calendar with completed audit details
* Check data in the Duty Override report each week to confirm correct duty payments made
* Analysis of DD1723 report from Customs website for duty payments over £1000 to ensure that correct duty payments made
* Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on auditing activities.
* Work with the UK Import Operational team to amend system data.
* Check customs date report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
* Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
* Support Indirect Tax and VAT teams with documentary evidence of exports/imports as required.
* Support all activities related to SAO controls for Customs & Excise duty imports UK
* Preparation of annual Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) sign off process for Customs & Excise duty UK controls
* Quarterly business review with nominated Import Broker
To be considered you will have;
* Operational excellence experience
* Risk analysis experience
* Experience of import and export processes and speciality key areas
* Effective license management
* HTS classification
* Country of origin determination
* Understanding of inco-terms
If you are interested in the Interim Imports Broker Control Specialist position, please apply prior to Friday 23rd August.