£600 - £750 per day
about 1 month ago
Role: Interim Head of International Tax and Transfer Pricing
Industry: Sustainable Technology/Engineering - FTSE 100
Rate: £750 p/d inside IR35
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Farringdon 2 days per week on site
The Head of International Tax and Transfer Pricing will be responsible for providing International Tax support to the group and leading Transfer Pricing from a Group Tax perspective.
As part of the transformation of the Group Tax function, this role will shape how the tax team works and interacts with the global business going forwards, building its ability to provide meaningful business partnering support to the Sectors and Group. They will lead the transformation of Group Tax's approach to overseeing and advising on tax risks across all territories in which the Group operates. This role will influence at local, sector and group level, acting where appropriate as a catalyst for change.
- Identifying and responding to business changes and initiatives with advice on international tax and transfer pricing implications.
- Understanding of practical implications of transactions and the ability to provide timely, meaningful commercial and operations assistance to the business units/sectors.
- Assistance with M&A activity, due diligence, legal entity rationalisations and financing projects.
- Able to report clearly and concisely to management on international tax and transfer pricing issues, including presentation of complex technical issues in a concise and understandable way.
- Developing and maintaining a transfer pricing risk control framework.
- Completing, enhancing and maintaining the Group Master Files and assisting with the preparation of Local Files for all companies across the worldwide group.
- Input into the annual CBCR submissions
- Ensuring that we have a comprehensive set of intercompany agreements in support of our transfer pricing arrangements.
- Working with Group Treasury to advise on tax efficient funding and cash repatriation strategies.
- Supporting the Head of Direct Tax with tax technical developments and planning as necessary.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA and/or CTA)
- Solid experience of international taxation and transfer pricing including a broad understanding of the UK tax system
- Some FTSE 250 commercial experience preferred though candidates from public practice displaying required suitability to life in commerce will be considered
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable experience of proactive identification and mitigation of tax and transfer pricing risks
- Detailed understanding of multiple transfer pricing policies and how these can be implemented and embedded within large complex organisations.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of driving improvements in processes
- Proven track record of driving significant transformation plans and improvements from start to finish
- Experience of setting strategy in a multinational business
- Understanding of indirect tax implications of cross border transactions.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.