£400 - £500 per day
15 days ago
A Major Local council has an urgent requirement for an Interim Head of Culture and Creative Industries.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working.
This council is renowned for its creative ecology. This is crucial to the reputation, health and happiness of communities and visitors to the city, it also plays a critical role in the economy. This role provides vision and leadership to develop and support the Cultural offer and Creative Industries sector.
Working closely with partners within the Council, across the city and beyond to support the cultural sector, the Head of Culture and Creative Industries will drive transformation and service improvement, focussing on post-pandemic recovery, utilising the Council's Cultural Investment Programme and sector support teams for arts, events and film.
The Council provides a range of significant public facing services which are a critical part of cultural offer.
The postholder will need to creatively deliver five museums within the service including M Shed, and Museums and Art Gallery as well as the City Archives. The postholder will also be responsible for significant business to business functions such as the Bottleyard studios and Create Centre, ensuring that they are commercially successful and delivering corporate priorities.
To provide confident leadership and clear management across wide-ranging services, so as to ensure the effective strategic development and operational delivery of those services.
Key job outcomes
- Working in partnership with other organisations locally, nationally and internationally to deliver the city's cultural strategy and provide a cultural programme that is exciting, accessible, stimulating and inclusive.
- Delivering an outstanding museum, gallery and archive service that is recognised locally, nationally and internationally for its innovative and audience-focussed programme, its collections/records and archives and standards of care.
- Develops a high-quality audience-focussed public programme that reaches new audiences including hard to reach audiences and increases engagement.
- Providing leadership to the cultural sector
- Develops a resilient service that is efficient, delivers its fundraising targets and increases its earned and commercial income
- Support the team to ensure Culture and Creative Industries Service is developed to its full potential, to deliver the best outcomes for residents and meet corporate objectives
- Ensure communities are at the centre of service delivery 8. Drive change and innovation, creating a culture that encourages creativity and collaboration