£800 - £1200 per day
almost 2 years ago
Our client are leading global automotive manufacturing organisation, currently undergoing several transformation initiatives across their internal production verticals. They are seeking an experienced leader to come in as their Head of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering on an interim basis. This role can be based anywhere across Europe and will involve extensive travel across various manufacturing sites. You will need to have strong leadership experience in advanced manufacturing, within reputable tier-1 automotive organisations.
- You play a crucial and highly strategic role in the overall Supply Chain organization. As such you lead the development and implementation of disruptive Manufacturing Engineering Strategies and Concepts - which will break new ground and will establish and implement ME Standards across all 27 production sites worldwide.
- You will be a part of the global operations leadership team providing strategic direction to the company's manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and logistics operations - with the goal to achieve high priority business objectives and operational goals.
- You will play a pivotal role in driving Industry 4.0 transformation and become a key person in making roadmaps for all future activities.
- Define the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Strategy and horizon road maps at group level; establish the organization approach, strategy, processes as well as technologies required to manage, direct and align platforms with the advanced manufacturing strategy as well as the overall business strategy.
- Partner with the business & leadership teams to deeply understand strategic and annual business objectives, in order to translate them into pragmatic operational strategies and programs with defined measures of success, while partnering closely with leaders across Manufacturing, Assembly, Logistics and Distribution Centers.
- Develop and implement groundbreaking and disruptive ideas & transformations for Continuous Improvement and Competitive Advantage across the overall Manufacturing Engineering organization.
- Lead the exploration, definition and implementation of new manufacturing technologies, robotics, automation and digitization to enhance optimal cost-effective manufacturing processes and profitability strategy.
- Together with Lean Six Sigma team, lead sites design, ensure proper plants layout as well as training of all functions and staffing.
- Enable growth through increased agility & flexibility of manufacturing systems.
- Work closely with Business and Operational Leaders across the organization; constructively receive and incorporate feedback to ensure alignment and to accelerate improvement and digitization.
- Collaborate with broader supply chain to innovate, pilot and apply best practices across the organization.
- Create a culture of collaboration, empowerment, accountability and innovation by hiring, developing, retaining and engaging talented people. Continuously promote a high performance culture across the organization and focus on development of people.
- Promote a quality culture throughout operations, grounded on natural compliance to policies, procedures and regulations, and sustained through reinforcement of "quality first" behaviors at all levels.
- Champion the established culture to enable continuous improvement, employee engagement and organizational learning.
- Articulate a vision, engage and mobilize employees around that vision, develop the business case and deliver superior results
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- At least 15 Years of Operations/Manufacturing Engineering Experience. This experience will have been gained in an international matrix-structured automotive environment or other High Tech / Mass Production related sectors.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience, having managed operational international teams; Experience in leading and developing international teams with a proven track record of having successfully managed manufacturing staff.
- Strong manufacturing and process engineering knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of leading edge manufacturing operations - Industry 4.0.
- Knowledge of Quality, Project Management and Lean Techniques. Continuous improvement approach.
- Strong Process Management Skills - Six Sigma & Lean mindset - Lean Practitioner recommended.
- Project Management skills
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable with dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with short decision-making hierarchy and crossfunctional interdependence.
- Innovative & digital leader who blends strategy, operations, technology, and analytics to produce outstanding business results.
- Out of the box thinking capabilities/innovation minded.
- High level of Business Acumen.
- Strategic and Global thinker with a can-do attitude and operational mindset.
- Results driven, being focused on the bottom line going the extra mile to reach the objectives.
- Team player - comfortable within a matrix organization.
- Capacity to deal and negotiate across different levels of the organization.
- Strong and effective communicator with solid interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills, shop-floor focused.