£200 - £350 per day
19 days ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology firms has an urgent requirement for an Interim GL Accountant.
This is an interim 6-month contract offering up to £350 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working from Royston.
The role reports to the Plant Accounting Services Manager and is responsible for all Plant Transaction Accounting, Account maintenance and Trial Balance preparation for a defined set of GL accounts.
The GL accountant is a key role alongside the Metal Accountant supporting the Accounting Services Manager in preparing an accurate TB, ensuring all transactions are captured, work closely with AR, AP (SSC) etc and ensures controls and accounting policies are applied.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Trial Balance including preparation of journals for management adjustments, fixed assets and depreciation, capital projects, and intercompany allocations.
- Independently prepare general ledger and fixed asset reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain Fixed Asset policies and procedures with support from Plant Financial Accountant.
- Establish and maintain effective accounting policies working with the Plant Compliance & Control and Sector Controlling team ensuring they are effectively operationalised.
- Record capital project spending and provide project transactional reporting to enable monitoring of capital projects.
- Coordinate the stocktake process with the Supply Chain team and manage the stocktake reconciliation process to ensure physical stocks tie in with the book balances, in line with a defined policy for inventory management as agreed with the Plant Financial Accountant.
- Responsible for managing GL transactions for product costs working with the Plant Insights & Decision Support team to source transactional data, including:
o Source data on process of conversion from Raw Materials to WIP and Finished Goods, and correct valuation of the inventory including calculation of Overhead.
o Review all work orders (PO process orders) from production and capture all relevant costing in SAP.
o Updates to transfer prices and prepare reconciliation of toll cost and revenue.
- Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA or equivalent Essential
- Significant experience embedding compliance to accounting policies and controls in a global organisation
- Accounting Standards Ability to apply knowledge of applicable Accounting Standards and Cost
- Significant and substantial experience within Finance function preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge, insight and influence through process knowledge, often under time pressure
- Good understand of product costing in the context of Financial Accounting Essential Microsoft Office and knowledge of SAP