Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£600 - £700 per day
3 months ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology companies has an urgent requirement for an Interim Financial Controller.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering between £600-£700 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid 1-2 days per week needed at the clients Middlesborough site.
- Working with the businesses and others in the SSC to ensure the delivery by the R2R team of accurate period-end accounts and reporting according to the agreed month-end close calendar including:
- Monthly reconciliations of General Ledger accounts
- Research & Development reporting, budgeting and maintenance
- Intercompany transaction monitoring and reporting
- Fixed Assets management and reporting
- Monthly Overhead Reporting and analysis
- Preparation of monthly, half and full-year actual and budget reporting packs with and for business units along with filing assurances as required for Group and Sector reporting.
- Managing Direct and Indirect Tax reporting with the Group Tax function to ensure accurate and timely reporting and that any queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Leading the team in developing and delivering best practice R2R support including actively engaging in structured continuous improvement activities to develop, review and enhance processes and controls, drive process efficiencies and ensure the service provided meets or exceeds the agreed Service Levels and KPI targets.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA (Pref) or CIMA
- 5 years of experience in a Financial Accounting role in a Multinational Corporation environment
- 2 years' experience of managing/supervising staff
- 1-2 years of experience in an Accounting Practice prior to working in industry
- Good working knowledge of large ERP systems; SAP (Strongly preferred)/Oracle/JDE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)