£600 - £700 per day
2 months ago
One of the UK's largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Financial Controller.
This is an initial 9-month contract with the potential for extension offering up to £700 p/d inside IR35 for a candidate to be based in Hertfordshire with the option of some home working.
The role will work with the current Financial Controllers in providing a second line of defence to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the site balance sheets and reporting over 31 March year end.
- Performregular reviews of our 19 global sites (plants) to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the region's balance sheet, appropriate application of accounting policies and reasonableness of key accounting judgements.
- Maintain and improve the quality and consistency of the internal control environment.
- Review group feedback on monthly reporting (MOR) packs and work with the plants in the region to ensure that issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Manage the external reporting process, ensuring on-time delivery of external reporting (FA) packs to Group Finance and supporting the provision of analysis and documentation to the external auditors.
- Perform a review of FA packs to ensure their completeness and accuracy for external reporting purposes.
- To perform other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Significant and substantial experience embedding compliance to accounting policies and controls in a global organisation
- Significant and substantial experience within Finance function preferably in the manufacturing (automotive) environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge and insight, often under time pressure
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.