Interim Finance Transformation Manager £650
£500 - £650 per day
24 days ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology companies has an urgent requirement for an Finance transformation Manager.
This is an interim 6 month contract offering up to £650 p/d inside IR35 and majority home working with occasional travel to London.
The client is seeking to transform its Finance operational model to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of the services it provides to its stakeholder base
The proposed new model will:
- deliver better, streamlined services
- allow us to leverage greater value from our existing technology investments, whilst introducing more up to date enabling technologies to drive efficiencies through greater automation
- deliver lower costs through both centralising our finance resources and by introducing productivity and efficiency gains throughout the overall Finance function
- ensure all services operate within an appropriately controlled environment
To support these enhancements, there is an associated programme of technology-enabled process improvements. In the immediate term, this includes replacing legacy banking systems, introducing an In-House cash management capability, implementing a Record to Report Automation solution.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, to work as part of the overall Finance Transformation team, who will be responsible for the overall delivery of the process improvement projects, according to agreed timescales, quality & budgets. There will be a requirement to manage deliverables from both internal and external parties and support a Solution Discovery process and an RFI/RFP exercise.
The Project Manager will report into the Finance Transformation Director and will be supported by Client IT delivery leads, JM Global Process Owners and Change Management resources, to ensure the project delivers specified business requirements and meets the desired project outcomes.
The role is expected to last between 6 - 18 months and will be required to cover all aspects of the delivery, including people and change, data, process and technology.
- Planning e-2-e delivery from Requirements to Hypercare (fully documented with activities, resources, timelines)
- Completing impact assessments and action plans for all project areas (people, process, data & tech) to inform planning
- Identifying and managing dependencies within and between the immediate projects and with external projects/business areas, where the technology or process extends beyond immediate Transformation drivers
- Designing project structure to ensure capable of meeting plan (resource capacity & capability)
- Managing project team and activities; responsible for completion of project tasks & deliverables
- Controlling day-to-day activities to ensure progress to plan is maintained and outputs are delivered; tracking progress of schedule, cost and quality
- Managing and reporting Budgets, Costs and Forecasts
- Production of Project Charter, Status Reporting, Escalations & Decisions, Gate Reviews
- Following the JM Transformation Office project delivery and governance framework including stage gate management and Change Control
- Tracking risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, scope changes, actions and decisions, escalating as appropriate
- Managing cut-over of existing processes/systems, including any Data migrations/updates
- Ensuring training, communications and business readiness is fully scoped and managed through delivery
- Ensuring all processes adhere to JM standards, specifically including all necessary Controls
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.