£400 - £500 per day
6 months ago
One of the UKs largest and most innovative pharmaceutical organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Senior Finance Manager.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working between WFH and Holborn.
This R&D FP&A Finance Manager role provides operational support to the leaders of the Development Functions organization within R&D. Dev Functions helps enable the discovery and commercialization of therapeutics that advance patient care. We seek an individual who will be responsible for monitoring the functional units' progress against their budget and forecast (Latest Estimate). The role also requires appropriate interfaces with the R&D functional leadership team to ensure the financial plan remains on track. This role is a hands-on individual contributor role, supporting the Development Functions International R&D FP&A team.
The individual must be able to lead and meet deadlines for priorities drawing on disciplines from finance and project management. The individual will manage the delivery of accurate and timely management reporting including monthly financial reporting and provide ad hoc analytical support to middle and upper management along with the following:
Knowledge and Experiences:
* 5+ years of relevant FP&A experience in roles with increasing scope and responsibility
* Qualified Chartered Accountant / Management Accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA)
* Knowledge of Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry and/or drug development process, an advantage
* Experience with month end close activities and management reporting (e.g. Analysis, reporting, commentary, preparing journals)
* Experience in Financial planning (e.g. Budgeting / Forecasting) processes across Operating Expenses (OPEX), Headcount (HC) management and a grasp of forecasting methods and techniques
* System capabilities:
o Advance proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
o Experience using ERP systems SAP / e-HANA and/or Oracle
o Hands-on financial planning experience in Hyperion SmartView/Essbase and/or SAP (SAC-P)
o Experience creating reports and dashboards (i.e. Data visualization)
o Experience using data warehouses and business intelligence tools (e.g. Oracle OBIEE)