£400 - £450 per day
7 months ago
One of the UKs largest and most innovative pharmaceutical organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Senior Finance Manager.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £450 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working between WFH and Holborn.
This role is involved in all areas of operational finance and requires multi-tasking and prioritizing across a broad range of responsibilities and managing multiple stakeholders and has responsibility over the UK trading, international regulatory and international headquarters entities.
The client is focused on operational excellence and operates in a fast-paced environment. Therefore, it is anticipated that around two thirds of your time will be spent ensuring all monthly, quarterly and annual finance processes are completed efficiently and one third of your time will be spent on continuous improvement and change management, including systems implementations.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
Build strong network and relationships across all areas of Finance (in-country team; Controllership, Financial Services, Tax & Treasury) and across the business, to enable delivery of objectives.
* Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance with worldwide policies and procedures and develop local policies where appropriate, including addressing both stakeholder and compliance needs and providing proactive communications.
* Support the 2-day month end process, including journal preparation and review, ensuring accurate cut-off of sales and expenses, preparing and reviewing reconciliations and commentary on the P&L and BS reporting before it is presented to ACE HQ on working day 2.
* Ensure appropriate revenue recognition policies are identified during pricing discussions and subsequently implemented with appropriate automation and controls.
* Act as local finance lead in local or global cross-finance / cross-functional projects including
* Drive process improvement and standardization of reporting and analysis.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* ACA Qualified, or equivalent, with minimum 8 years PQE
* Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
* Experience leading cross-functional projects required
* Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills - effectively manage a variety of stakeholders (including non-finance) at all levels; provide proactive, clear communications.
* Strong technical accounting knowledge of UK GAAP and some knowledge of US GAAP preferable, as well as all key aspects of controllership in a listed company.
* Experience of UK taxation and compliance highly desired.
* Systems - Good understanding of Oracle ERP, SAP or similar ERP systems.