£600 - £800 per day
about 1 year ago
Positions - IFRS 17 implementation - senior accountant
IR35 status - in scope
Notice period - 3 weeks both sides
Contract length - 8 months
Desired start date - ASAP
Location: Remote working with 1 day per week in the Angel Court, London office
Interview process - 1 interview, competency-based questions focused
Is the role WFH? - hybrid, at least once a week in office
This is an opportunity for a qualified Accountant, with significant experience in financial reporting to contribute to the Group Finance function. This is a key role within the implementation of IFRS 17 'Insurance Contracts' project ensuring the smooth running of the transition between the project team and the business-as-usual reporting environment. This successful candidate will be joining at the end of the HY 2022 parallel run exercise and will help resolve defects arising from that exercise and support the parallel run of the December 2022 close process to produce the IFRS 17 opening balances, ensuring that key processes are successfully handed over to the business-as-usual reporting teams.
You should be a commercially astute and forward-thinking individual with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, with an ability to work independently, get into the detail, challenge the way we do things and contribute to business decision-making.
- Accountabilities and Activities
This individual will play a key part in:
· Working closely with the Group Actuarial, Group Reporting, Group Systems and Market Unit teams to resolve defects arising from the HY 2022 parallel run.
· Lead business prioritisation during defect resolution.
· Working closely with the BAU Group teams, manage the FY 2022 dry run and finalisation of external FY 2022 comparatives.
· Support the BAU Group Finance teams transitioning to IFRS 17, including supporting the documentation of updated processes and controls.
· Support on the review of the working day timetable, and any consequential changes that may need to be made in 2023 as a result of implementing IFRS 17.
· Key contributor to IFRS 17 MU working Group.
· Support formal governance process where necessary, e.g., ad-hoc material for inclusion in the IFRS 17 SteerCo presentations.
· Contribute to general project management, e.g., identifying and escalating project risks.
- Qualifications, Training and Experience
We are looking for an ambitious individual with excellent communication skills coupled with experience of producing complex financial reports.
To perform the role the IFRS 17 implementation - senior accountant would have the following attributes:
· Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA).
· Strong IFRS knowledge.
· Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial matters.
· Ability to understand and analyse group consolidation postings.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks, senior demands and deadlines.
· Previous insurance industry experience, and Solvency II reporting knowledge would be an advantage, but is not essential.