£300 - £380 per day
13 days ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Finance Accountant.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering up to 380 p/d inside IR35 with hybrid working. Mostly home working with some travel to Swindon required.
Responsible for the ensuring the monthly accounting, reporting and subsequent reviews with the business for the areas assigned to the position are completed in an accurate and timely manner according to the close calendar and schedule agreed with the business. Working to develop and improving processes, and with internal SSC and external business stakeholders to continuously improve team performance and build satisfaction.
Reporting to the Operations Finance Manager for Hydrogen Technologies, the HT Financial Accountant will be responsible for the recording of GL transactions, as well as end-to-end financial reporting to meet internal and external reporting requirements in compliance with Group policies and local legislative requirements and ensuring that adequate controls and efficient transaction systems & processes are in place to do this.
- Providing financial, regulatory and tax accounting and reporting
- Responsibility for timely, effective, and efficient processing of general ledger-related transactions, including fixed assets and journal entries
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts and subledgers and performing period end closing activities including accruals, all balance sheet and intercompany account reconciliations
- Perform period and year end closing activities
- General Ledger accounting, Trial Balance (P&L and Balance Sheet) integrity, some semi-transactional activities in Tax & Metals accounting as well as some routine financial analysis and reporting provided to dedicated JM Business Units.
- Ensure the integrity of financial records for all relevant entities, raising issues where there is any deviation
- Working with business stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and timely capture of all accounting information
- Professionally qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge of financial and management accounting, process, and systems. Good working knowledge and experience of SAP
- Knowledge of international accounting principles (GAAP & IFRS)
- Proven experience working in a R2R finance team
- Excellent IT skills in use of Microsoft Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Advance Excel)
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the Finance Function & Finance Operations.
- Experience of working in a large multinational organization
- Ability to lead and drive continuous improvements
- Ability to set clear priorities and objectives