£350 - £400 per day
about 1 year ago
A major Blue-Chip technology organisation is in need of an experienced interim Design Engineer for Automotive Vehicle Packaging.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £400 p/d for a candidate to be based out of Wiltshire.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to be involved with an organisation which is at the absolute cutting edge of innovation and technology making a first major push into the automotive market.
- Lead Package layout and Architecture development in support of vehicle level design.
- Lead all or part of a vehicle package to resolve specific issues as they arise.
- Propose solutions to package issues in the interest of the product as a whole.
- Run regular Package reviews with relevant groups to record issues, assign tasks and ensure progress on priority items.
- Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
- For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a design direction
- Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
- Ensure alignment of the package layout to vehicle and system targets and to the PALS attribute plan
- Ensure timely development of package solutions to support the overall programme timing
- Lead, guide and mentor other members of the integration team as necessary.
- Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in vehicle packaging or similar integration role.
- A core expertise in at least one area of vehicle engineering
- Hands on experience of running design activities in NX, CATIA or equivalent design system.
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers, designers and analysts.
- Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
- Sound knowledge of FMEA, DFM, DFA, PLM, BOMs, releasing, GD&T and APQP.
There is significant time pressure associated with this role so if it is of interest please apply immediately or contact Jamie Mackinlay at email@example.com .