City of London, London
£200 - £250 per day
SS - 11308_1522314130
10 months ago
1st Executive have been retained by a leading FTSE 100 Pharmaceutical company to manage the recruitment for an Interim Demand Planner with an initial 6 Month contract.
This role will involve being responsible for a specific group of products and brands across a group of European countries. The role will require the prospective candidate to have strong demand planning experience as well as extensive business partnering ability. This is an opportunity for a customer focused and commercially minded demand planning manager to join a dynamic and forward thinking team.
The Demand Forecasting Manager is responsible for the development of a robust, un-biased and comprehensive sales forecast for approximately 1000+ SKUs, split across an assigned Therapy/SKU portfolio and multiple markets that are managed from the Demand Forecasting and Supply Planning hub. The demand plans will ensure that there is the appropriate level of inventory available in the corresponding MMW/LSP and LOCs.
* Operates the volume forecasting process within the Supply Chain Operating Model supporting the Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) for an assigned set of Therapies/Markets in order to improve customer service levels, reduce working capital and minimize stock write-offs
* Responsible within assigned Therapies for the monitoring of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy, bias, working capital and customer service
* Generates an estimate of the sales volume (including the generation of statistical forecast baselines) for a 43-month horizon and leads the monthly Forecast Review Meetings and Pre-Demand Review Meetings to make the necessary adjustments based on the market intelligence supplied by the Sales and Marketing and/or Financial and Commercial teams
* Ensures that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction, competitor activity and tenders to ensure that proper production planning is in place, and develops an appreciation of the commercial supply chain and the capability of suppliers to respond to changes in demand
* Drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability
* Executes European Product Allocation
* Ensures that planning parameters in all relevant systems are maintained accurately and in line with the Service Level Agreements
* Owns and develops the relationship with Markets (Market Relationship Manager role), works to become business partners with Commercial Teams, and links between Franchise and Commercial to support the launch of new products
* Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in the supply chain including Inventory Reduction, ERP, Supply Chain Transformation, etc.
* Qualification in a supply chain related discipline and/or demand management
* Excellent communications skills in English, and preferably fluency in 1 or more additional European Language.
* Demonstrated capability in Supply Chain Management and the ability to mentor and support the development of less experienced members of a planning team.
* Strong networking, planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated capability to manage complex projects with short timelines.
* Advanced Excel skills
* Experience in APO DP - advanced level preferable.