£600 - £677 per day
3 months ago
Interim Data Engineer £677pd REMOTE
A number of exciting interim Data Engineer opportunities, with a world-leader in Energy, to truly shape and drive robust, scalable data infrastructure.
This FTSE 100 organisation is at the forefront of its field in terms of sustainability, with aims for carbon neutrality and huge amounts of investment going into energy solutions, and the cutting edge technology to support.
These are 6-month contracts, fully remote, offering £677 per day (umbrella, inside IR35).
These Data Engineer opportunities will be in support of a wide range of high-impact, corporate-wide projects, involving large volumes of data, focused on the development of data analytics platforms and solutions, which drive successful execution, increased quality and efficiency.
You will design and implement scalable data infrastructure, as well as writing and deploying the software the pipeline, integrate, manage and quality assure data. In driving continuous improvement and development, you will deploy secure and tested software which aligns with privacy and compliance requirements.
You will ensure service reliabilities and follow best practice, defining and maintaining SLAs in the space. In addition, you will design, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code, and containerise service developments.
These roles will be cross-functional, and you will work closely with other Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Managers and Business partners.
- A solid Data Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science background, with 5+ years' experience.
- Strong ability to write and implement code, alongside
- Able to take open-ended business problems, design and execute a technical solution, and break this down into actionable tasks, actively leading on the execution and deployment.
- Experience across databases, distributed data platforms and massive data processing.
- Well versed with architectural design, distributed systems and relational databases.
- Confident allocating tasks to small teams, running sprints and scrums.
- Advanced SQL knowledge.
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages - Python, Scala, Java.
- Excellent stakeholder management ability, to a senior level.
- Prior experience within large, matrix organisations.
- Advantageous would be any experience within the energy industry.
These are urgent requirements - if interested, please apply asap and any questions, email email@example.com