£200 - £300 per day
5 months ago
Interim Contracts Specialist - £200 to £300 per day
My client, a global Oil & Gas Supermajor are seeking an Interim Contracts Specialist with excellent communication skills. This is a 6-month contract based in Berkshire, paying £200 to £300 per day. This is an exciting opportunity within undertaking contracts compliance, risk management and renegotiation across a global scale. An excellent role for any candidate who is looking to develop their experience within a global, diverse and fast-paced function.
The Contracts Specialist role reports into the Global Procurement Centre Manager, and is responsible for driving improved value, compliance, and effective risk management, within the sourcing process, through effective contract creation, development, and management, as well as supporting operational activities within the Procurement Function. The role supports contract negotiation and development activity where required, and transfers knowledge and skills in the process.
- Understanding the specific contracting requirements of the Strategic Procurement Unit and other Group functions. Additionally, the shaping of Centre contacting plans and priorities to ensure compliance in the most efficient and effective way.
- Actively participating in business unit projects that involve contracting
- Liaising with Legal Teams and other functions regarding standards & contracting specifics
- Understanding business objectives and requirements for contracting processes
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
- Ensuring the company common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
- Selecting the correct contract templates for use in creating a contract, being able to use the templates appropriately, and amending clauses where necessary
- Ensuring local contracts comply with master/global agreements
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Engaging, challenging, and influencing internal customers, and providing guidance on processes and risk management
- Strong understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs
- Deep contracting practitioner knowledge - either a legal or procurement (preferably both) background. (Highly knowledgeable in contracting processes, tools and systems ideally in direct and Indirect sectors, as well as deep understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs.)
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills. Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, in multiple countries / time zones.
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting sourcing processes and services in a complex blue chip global organisation, ideally within a procurement function dealing with multi-billion $ spends.
- Ability to prioritise personal tasks, and assist others with managing their workload.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification/experience.
To apply for this role, please submit an application, or send an email to Claire.Shipman@1st-executive.com and attach a copy of your CV. I look forward to hearing from you soon.